A Sales Manager is required to interact with customers for the most part of his/her day and so good communication and presentation skills are a prerequisite for the job. The job also requires a good understanding of the bank’s products and services in order to deal with individual customer’s demands and customize the products accordingly. The major skills and competencies that employers look for are:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pleasing and positive attitude.
- Confidence and Presentation skills.
- Analyzing skills.
- Good sales and negotiation skills.
he job responsibilities of a Sales Manager in Banking would include:
- Selling of banking products to clients. Products might include either CASA, Credit Cards, Mortgage, Loans, Bancassurance or all of these.
- Prospecting and identifying new leads and pitching to the clients.
- Providing client service to existing customers. They are required to manage all aspects of customer relationships.
- Corporate sales to get premium and HNI clients.
- Strategizing & implementing ways to achieve sales targets.
Competencies and Skills Required